GM of the Future shortlist announced
The shortlist has been announced for the GM of the Future Award, developed in partnership with the Independent Hotel Show.
The GM of the Future Award is presented to an individual who shows promise to fulfil the role of a Hotel GM (or equivalent) in the future. Individuals from an independently spirited hotel in the UK will be recognised for their personal and professional development in the hotel industry, their ‘extra mile’ attitude and commitment to becoming a future leader to inspire others.
The results of the awards will be announced on 4 October on the Independent Hotel Show’s Innovation Stage.
The shortlisted nominees for GM of the Future are:
- Penn Chai, Room Division Manager, Castle Hotel Windsor
- Kostadin Dimitrov, Front of House Manager, Hotel Brooklyn MCR
- Juris Dubrovskis, Executive Housekeeper, The Athenaeum Hotel and Residences
- Rachel Henley, Hotel Manager, The Fife Arms
- Nathan Parkin, Operations Manager, Lakeside Hotel and Spa
- Anna Sirba, Operations Manager, Salcombe Harbour Hotel
David Morgan-Hewitt FIH, MI, said: “We received a large number of excellent applications, each showing great talent and passion for the hotel industry, which made it very difficult to select a shortlist of just six candidates. Each of those chosen displayed an exceptional level of involvement in the industry and the qualities of a good leader, and I would like to congratulate them on their well-deserved success.”
The judging panel for GM of the Future, in partnership with Independent Hotel Show, was as follows:
- David Morgan-Hewitt FIH MI, Chairman, The Master Innholders and Managing Director, The Goring
- Wallace Vincent FIH, Executive Secretary, The Master Innholders
- Tamsyn Mann, Regional People Manager, Cirrus Inns and 2019 ‘One to Watch’ highly commended GM of the Future
- Elena Attanasio, Event Director, Independent Hotel Show
- Sal Gowili FIH MI, GM of The Ritz London
- Dr Hilary Cooke FIH MI, Director, Merlin Consultancy
- Robin Hutson FIH MI, CEO, Home Grown Hotels and Lime Wood Group
Find out more about each of the nominated individuals at https://www.independenthotelshow.co.uk/awards/gm-of-the-future-finalists
The Independent Hotel Show, presented by James Hallam, takes place on 4-5 October 2021 at Olympia London. Register for your complimentary pass at independenthotelshow.co.uk.