IoH CEO to speak at first CGI UK & Ireland Diversity & Inclusion Summit
IoH CEO Robert Richardson FIH has been chosen to speak at the first Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (CGI), ‘Diversity & Inclusion Summit: Creating an inclusive culture’
The one-day interactive, face-to-face summit on Tuesday 22 March 2022 at American Square, London will focus on equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), a topic that is rapidly becoming a critical priority for many businesses worldwide.
Although considerable progress has been made by organisations on EDI, there is still a long way to go to ensure lasting change. The Summit aims to help address this by providing delegates with information and tools to assist them to move forward and creating or improving their own EDI-based workplace culture.
As IoH CEO Robert Richardson FIH confirmed, the journey to achieve complete EDI is not a quick one: “Employers shouldn’t expect a quick fix to create an EDI workplace culture” he said. “It takes time, but there are quick fixes that can be put in place in any organisation that will make an immediate difference. I encourage everyone to attend this summit. It is the role of us all to promote and ensure we have EDI-based cultures,” said Robert.
As winners of the CGI UK & Ireland Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2021 for the Institute’s international Youth Council and Diversity Shield initiatives, the Institute is committed to help promote the EDI message to businesses worldwide.
At the Summit, Robert will share the IoH case study with delegates entitled: ‘Empowering talent to future proof your organisation’.
The case study will demonstrate how the IoH’s initiatives helped to educate and inspire its 13,500-plus global membership and the wider hospitality industry, to adopt the attitudes and actions to helping promote hospitality as an open, welcoming, caring and inclusive place to work.
During his session, Robert will also cover the value of social mobility in peoples’ entry-level careers and the importance of employers developing inclusive practices and initiatives to identify, develop and empower talent for a more agile and sustainable organization.
IoH members will receive a 10% discount when booking a place. Details will be provided to IoH members in this month’s membership newsletter ‘I’m Informed’.
The confirmed speakers Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland (CGI), ‘Diversity & Inclusion Summit: Creating an inclusive culture’ are:
- The importance of D&I at all levels – top-down, bottom-up
- Asif Sadiq MBE, Senior Vice President, Head of Equity and Inclusion, WarnerMedia International
- Justine Lutterodt FRSA, Director and Leadership Consultant, Centre for Synchronous Leadership
- Robert Richardson FIH, CEO, Institute of Hospitality
- Scarlett Brown, Director, Tomorrow’s Company
- Emma Codd, Global Inclusion Leader, Deloitte
- Alex Cole-Hamilton, Founder, Power and Integrity
- Johanne Ward Grosvold, Senior Lecturer, University of Bath
- Latha Poonamallee, Management Chair, The New School and Thought Leader, Management and Social Justice
- Laura Sercombe, CEO, Girls Friendly Society