New MIDAS cohort announced
The Master Innholders has revealed the latest cohort to undertake the newly revamped Master Innholders Developing Additional Skills (MIDAS) programme.
The cohort is comprised of seven individuals who have demonstrated an aptitude and enthusiasm for management within the hospitality industry, including:
- Salvatore Iovino, Room Service Manager, The Ritz London
- Chelsea Tunstall, Asst. Hive Restaurant Manager, Calcot Manor Hotel & Spa
- Katie Powell, Asst. Brasserie Restaurant Manager, Calcot Manor Hotel & Spa
- Richard Le Lerre, Asst. General Manager, The Driftwood Inn
- Sebastian Schraag, Management Graduate, Whatley Manor
- Wioletta Rowinska, Reception Manager, The Beaumont
- Csaba Banka, F&B Supervisor, Pullman London St Pancras
Initially launched in 2021 to provide free educational content and networking opportunities to those in the hotel industry, the newly revamped MIDAS programme will see individuals undertaking a six-month online training programme on hotel management led by Dr Hilary Cooke PhD FIH MI, Principal Owner of Merlin Business Consultancy. Upon completion, the cohort will receive an ILM Award in Leadership & Management at Level 3, as well as a MIDAS certificate in Managing Team Performance.
The cohort recently met for their introductory session, which covered the expectations of the programme, alongside discussions about the challenges of being a team leader in hospitality today, as well a guidance on managing workloads and avoiding being overwhelmed as a manager.
They will reconvene for their next session on 12 October, where they will learn to tackle the challenges and techniques for planning and allocating work within their teams.
A massive congratulations to the new cohort and we look forward to seeing all that you achieve in the coming months!