Moët & Chandon Educational Tour 2022
Having not been able to arrange a tour in either 2020 or 2021, the Master Innholders are delighted to announce that this year’s Moët & Chandon educational tour to Epernay will take place on 6th and 7th July 2022. This is open to senior sommeliers, restaurant managers, assistant restaurant managers and food and beverage managers working in establishments managed by Master Innholders and St Julian Scholars. Whilst there is no age limit for applicants, it should be remembered that the tour is intended to provide a development opportunity for more junior managers.
The outline programme is as follows:
6th July 2022 – Maison Dom Pérignon
- Morning arrival at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport and private coach transfer to Epernay – Timings to be confirmed but delegates should expect to leave the UK to arrive in Paris no later than 9.30am
- Lunch at La Banque, Epernay
- Welcome at the Abbey of Hautvillers and private tour of the park, Cloisters and Abbey
- Dom Pérignon tasting
- Transfer to the stunning 5* Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa for dinner and overnight stay
7th July 2022 – Maison Moët & Chandon
- Pick up from Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa and transfer to Ay
- Vist the Moët & Chandon vineyard
- Transfer to Maison Moët & Chandon, Epernay
- Private tour of the Moët & Chandon cellars
- Apéritif followed by Moët & Chandon lunch at Trianon
- Afternoon transfer to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport
Moët & Chandon are very generous hosts and those who have been on the tour in the past have found it both memorable and enlightening. It is a serious educational trip, but of course, it will also be a very pleasant experience. All expenses for the trip from and to Paris Charles De Gaulle airport are covered by Moët & Chandon, but it is the responsibility of individual group members to make their own way to CDG airport early on the morning of Wednesday 6th July 2022 and a return flight from CDG to the UK early evening on 7th July.
If you would like one of your team to participate in this trip, please complete the attached application form. This should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than Friday 29th April 2022. Moët & Chandon will then review the applications and will select around ten people to join the tour. Please note that should an applicant not be a citizen of the EU, he/she may be required to obtain a visa before travelling to France if selected to join the tour.
Individuals will be required to comply with any and all Government Covid-19 requirements at the time of travel to and from France. Applicants must also ensure that they are in possession of adequate travel insurance cover and be in possession of a Global Health Insurance Card and/or appropriate medical insurance cover.
The group will be accompanied by a representative from Moët & Chandon throughout and the Executive Secretary of the Master Innholders.
Download the application form here.